- Harrison, R., DeSilvey, C., Holtorf, C., Macdonald, S., Bartolini, N., Brethoff, E., Fredheim, H., Lyons, A., May, S., Morgan, J. and Penrose, S., 2020. Heritage Futures: Comparative to Natural and Cultural Heritage Practices. London: UCL Press.
- Fredheim, L. H., 2020. Decoupling ‘Open’ and ‘Ethical’ Archaeologies: Rethinking Deficits and Expertise for Ethical Public Participation in Archaeology and Heritage. Norwegian Archaeological Review. DOI: 10.1080/00293652.2020.1738540.
- Fredheim, L. H., 2018. Endangerment-driven Heritage Volunteering: Democratisation or ‘Changeless Change’. International Journal of Heritage Studies 24 (6), 619-633.
- Fredheim, L. H., 2018. Experts and Stakeholders. Encyclopedia of Archaeological Sciences: Wiley, 1-6. (download a free copy here)
- Fredheim, H., 2018. Why do you work with volunteers? Context: Institute of Historic Buildings Conservation 155, 27-29.
- Fredheim, H., Macdonald, S. and Morgan, J., 2018. Profusion in Museums: A Report on Contemporary Collecting and Disposal. York: Heritage Futures.
- Fredheim, L., H. and Khalaf, M., 2016. The Significance of Values: Heritage Value Typologies Re-examined. International Journal of Heritage Studies 22 (6), 466-481. (free accepted manuscript download)
- Cutajar, J. D., Duckor, A., Sully, D. and Fredheim, L. H., 2016. A Significant Statement: New Outlooks on Treatment Documentation. Journal of the Institute of Conservation. DOI: 10.1080/19455224.2016.
- Fredheim, L. H., 2016. Sustaining Places in Action: Facilitating Community Involvement in Heritage Stewardship by Co-Creation. In T. Collins, G. Kindermann, C. Newman and N. Cronin (eds.) Landscape Values: Place and Praxis.. Galway: Centre for Landscape Studies, NUI Galway, 115-121.
- Non-participation Research for Equitable Heritage Futures. CHAT ACT: Agency, Action and Advocacy, Aarhus, Denmark, 26th – 28th October 2018.
- Engineering Critical Public Participation in Caring for Heritage. Association of Critical Heritage Studies Fourth Biennial Conference, Hangzhou, China, 1st – 6th September 2018.
- #Heritagegonewild: Digital Heritage Field-schools as Seedbeds for Transformative Heritage Research. Researching Digital Cultural Heritage, Manchester, UK, 30th November – 1st December 2017 (with Sara Perry, Meghan Dennis & Tara Copplestone).
- Reviewing Heritage “Expertise” – Renegotiating Responsibilities. World Archaeological Congress 8, Kyoto, Japan, 28th August – 2nd September 2016
- Sustaining Stewardship Communities by Digital Co-Creation. World Archaeological Congress 8, Kyoto, Japan, 28th August – 2nd September 2016
- Sustaining Places in Action: Facilitating Community Involvement in Heritage Stewardship by Co-Creation. Landscape Values: Place and Praxis, Galway, Republic of Ireland, 29th June – 2nd July 2016.
- Sustaining Community-led Heritage Stewardship: Co-creating a Community-sourcing Platform for Heritage Management. Association of Critical Heritage Studies Third Biannual Conference, Montreal, Canada, 3rd – 8th June 2016.
- Democratising the Digital: Sustaining Community-sourcing Platforms for Heritage Management and Conservation by Co-creation. Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology 2016: Exploring Oceans of Data, Oslo, Norway, 29th March – 2nd April 2016.
- Archaeological Resources Should not Be Considered ‘Renewable’. Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference 2015, Bradford, UK, 14th December – 16th December 2015.